RRB JE Exam Pattern 2017
|SL. NO||Examination Type||Topics||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||60||60||
RRB JE General Ability Syllabus
General Intelligence and Reasoning Syllabus
- Number Series, Input-Output, syllogism, Coding-decoding.
- Word Building, Clock, Seating arrangement, Calendar.
- Decision making, Direction sense test, visual memory, Blood relations, figural classification and arithmetical reasoning.
- Similarities and differences, space visualization /orientation, analogy.
- Coding & Decoding, Arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, Statement conclusion.
General Awareness Syllabus
- General Awareness on Railway, New Technologies & Reform in Indian Railway.
- Rail Budget .
- Indian – History, Geography, Polity, Economy Current Affairs, Sports, etc.
- Algebra, Ratio & Proportion, Interests, percentage, Profit & loss, Time and distance /work.
- Pipes & Cisterns, Age problems, Mensuration, Data Interpretation.
Electronics Engineering Syllabus
- Electronic Devices.
- Carrier transport in silicon: diffusion current, drift current, mobility, and resistivity.
- Energy bands, Generation and recombination of carriers,
- Diodes, Transistors, other electronics devices.
- Basics of Signal & Systems.
- Basics of fundamental computer.
Electrical Engineering Syllabus
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements.
- Basics of Circuit & Power Electronics.
- Analog & Digital Electronics.
- Basics of power system.
Civil Engineering Syllabus
- Costing. General Civil Engineering.
- Construction /Structure Engineering and drawing.
- Soil Mechanics , Structural Analysis , Building Materials.
- Concrete Structures , Steel Structures ,Construction.
- Water requirements , Hydraulics , Hydrology.
- Highway Planning Traffic Engineering.
- Projections , Errors and adjustments.
- Environmental Engineering , Surveying.
- Measurements of distance and directions..
Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
- The Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer.
- Theory of Machines, Kinematics of Machine, Engineering Mechanics.
- Machining and Machine Tool Operations, Thermodynamics.
- Power Engineering, I.C. Engines cycles.
- Steam Tables. Thermodynamics cycles.
- Metrology and Inspection.